Over the past year I’ve lost 80 pounds, largely thanks to cutting sugar out of my diet. But I miss sugar so I’ve gone looking for a suitable sugar substitute that will sweeten my foods but not trigger my appetite and add the calories that I’ve been trying to avoid. Several have recommended Xylitol because it so closely resembles sugar so I decided to give it a try.
Here are some of the benefits of Xylitol by Morning Pep:
- Made in the USA (not all Xylitol is created equally, so this is actually a really nice benefit to this brand)
- Looks and tastes like sugar with no aftertaste
- 40% fewer calories than sugar and low glycemic index
- Free of GMO, corn, wheat, gluten, soy, and dairy
- Good for oral and dental health
- Extracted from 100% pure birch with no other additives
I have been trying it out and have found that indeed, the taste is almost identical to sugar. When I add it to a drink, a smoothie, or in baking I can’t tell the difference. So knowing that it is 40% fewer calories is huge.
That said, I also know there are other sweeteners out there with even less calories. The give and take there is that most of the other sweeteners I’ve tried don’t actually taste like sugar (or good at all) and many of them do have a horrible after taste. Not true with Xylitol. I’m not a keto purist but several people have asked if you can use this and stay in ketosis. I’m not sure but I would guess that you would have to use sparingly to stay in ketosis. It’s certainly healthier than sugar and worth a shot. Get yours at: https://amzn.to/2Y5nuXT